On 1 October 2017, RenoZEB, a new EU funded project under Horizon 2020, started. RenoZEB aims to unlock the nearly-zero energy building (nZEB) renovation market by increasing property value through a new systemic approach to retrofitting. This will include innovative components, and processes and decision-making methodologies to guide all value-chain actors in the nZEB building renovation action. RenoZEB will provide cost-effective ‘plug and play’ solutions for a large-scale deep nZEB rehabilitation schemes, ensuring the integrate-ability of all its components, methodologies, training, guidelines, and demonstration cases. The real and virtual demonstration cases will show and ensure the replicability of the schemes and technical tools to appropriately address the valorisation of the building stock before and after nZEB renovation schemes are applied.
This should be achieved through:
- Innovative, holistic, cost-effective, and fast deep retrofitting methodologies for nZEB;
- ICT tools to support the methodology for nZEB renovation.
- Cost-effective and non-intrusive prefabricated multi-functional modular ‘plug and play’ systems for the renovation of buildings;
- The transformation of buildings into Active Energy buildings in order to increase the post-retrofitting property value;
- New collaborative multi-value, multi-stakeholder methodologies and decision-making process for selecting the best energy efficient renovation strategy;
- New drivers of change for the Real Estate Industry creating fresh post-renovated property value schemes;
- The demonstration of market replicability of the holistic methodology and new technologies through real and virtual demonstration sites.
- Training and awareness of the value chain to boost the nZEB market.
During the kick-off meeting of the project that took place in Brussels on 18 and 19 October 2017, the 19 project partners with interdisciplinary profiles and experiences reiterated their commitment to work together on achieving RenoZEB’s objectives for the duration of the project, i.e. 42 months.
Grant Agreement number:
768718 — RenoZEB — H2020-EEB-2016-2017/H2020-EEB-2017